Menu

What are your best large-ish group recipes? (15-25 people)

I'm working on re-organizing my recipes and one thing I'm really lacking are easy meals for larger groups of people. So what do you find easy to prepare for large gatherings? It's not uncommon for us to host 15-25 people so I would love a variety of ideas--from brunch to dinner. :)

Thanks.

It's not abnormal for me to prepare 'larghish' dishes everyday of the week. Here are some of the things I find simple that we make often.

homemade pizza-I use both my bread machines for the dough and make 2 and a half pizza's with it.

spaghetti

most casseroles are easy to enlarge by adding 2 of everything

taco salad, lots of meat and beans, and lots of 'fixings' for it

pancakes-of course

soup

I make turkeys a lot and cut up the meat, add to the gravy and make a load of mashed potatoes to go with it

Basically, any meal can be easily doubled or tripled. I have been doing it for a long time now. I have a lot of mouths to feed on a daily basis. Good luck.:lurk5:

We have a big extended family that I do taco and nachos for. I put the taco meat in crock pot and then I buy the big can of nacho cheese at Sam's. I put that in a crockpot too. I put out chips, tortillas, tomatoes, shredded cheese, sour cream, lettuce and if I am really good - quacomolie and salsa. It is easy and everyone eats it.