Menu

Accountability Thread 5/3-5/8

Better late than never! Stormy yesterday and internet connection wasn't great, which means getting on the Forum is difficult for me. Sunny today, though!

Today's goals:

House: chores, bed, bath, clean out refrigerator, restart hot pepper seeds (just had terrible germination!), get Mount Washmore under control, some phone calls, maybe gets some items from town.

Cooking: leftovers

School: ususal

Writing: 4000 words over drafting projects, revise one chapter, Beta reading, personal reading, poetry challenge

Art: continue painting project (finish?), sketching

I think that's enough to be getting on with today!

• Like 2

Evening!  Today saw the essentials done.  And, inspired by my most recent round of listening to SWB's "Burnout" lecture, we're taking a week off of all academics.  Whew!

Tomorrow: kick it off with my 2nd vaccine shot: I'm so glad to be able to get it.  Then, other stuff to tackle as I can:

1. Fitness with boys
  2. Clean up my RPG character sheet
  3. Work on my own campaign for next week's opener; plan this flexibly, and to open with something cohesive, group-building, snappy and dramatic; some sort of decision point with interesting, salient results.
  4. Housecleaning.
  5. Garden stuff.
  6. Bagels for lunch, errand in town (elder wants to get some supplies to make younger's next birthday present)
  7. Fitness for me.
  8. Dinner:  ?????  crispy chickpeas/salad/feta bowls, I think.
  • Like 1

Morning! Glad you were able to get your shot, @serendipitous journey I had mine week before last, and yes, so glad to be able to get that done! My boys had their second a week ago. 

Today's goals:

House: chores

Cooking: stroganoff, cauliflower, and an experiment

School: usual

Writing: 4000 words over projects, one chapter revision project, personal reading, beta reading, writers' meeting

Art: some clean up today and painting on one project. 

• Like 1

Morning! Busy day here.

Today's goals: 

House: chores, kitchen

Gardens: mist seedlings, transplant some

Cooking: pizza night

School: usual

Writing: finish a first draft, 2000 over other drafts, revise a chapter, Beta reading, personal reading, critique work

Art: painting, clean up a shelf

That will do to go on with!

• Like 1

Evening! 

Lost a couple of days to post-vaccine ickiness.  Don't think I've ever been so happy to be so achy. 

Since this week is a Total Break from Things Academic, it's been pretty easy going.  Good amount of housework today, stuff outdoors, hanging with littles, reading up on my RPG stuff & listening to RPG podcasts & other stuff. 

This evening: make dinner (souffles, veggies, maybe salad too); we're all watching the second half of "Cars" and having popcorn; settle littles in.  Maybe run a round of laundry, think about tomorrow, some exercise or yoga for me. 

PS -- wishing the seedlings luck!!

PPS -- @Critterfixer -- how did the dinner "experiment" go???

Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 1

Morning!  and Happy Friday. 

Today's daily adventures include ...

• housecleaning!!!
  • errands: game store; nursery; take-out for lunch
  • did I say housecleaning?
  • RPG work: e-mail group RE Monday's game, prepare to pick up as GM by sketching next encounter, reading about rules/campaign design and working on general campaign (notes, etc.)
  • 5PM: younger's piano instructor is holding a live event on Zoom, from China, and we're planning to set things up to watch on our TV
  • dinner: the feta-chickpea-salad thing I failed to make earlier this week  😉 
  • fitness.  !!!

• Like 1