Menu

Lightning Lit 4

Hello,

I have a child going into "third" grade in the fall.  I was wondering for those of you who did LL3 and LL4, can she go to LL4 and skip LL3? 

She did the good and the beautiful level 4 this school year.  However, she did skip the writing and I got a spelling list more appropriate to her level.  But she did learn the spelling rules along the way. 

I am asking because I hear TGATB is advanced and she has already read half the books in LL3. 

Thanks for any information. 

I think it would be fine assuming you have looked at the LL4 book list and think the books would be a good fit for her. The grammar is repeated in each level, adding more depth each pass through, but I don't think it would be overwhelming for a strong ELA student. 

I haven't used TGTB, so I can't offer any comparison there.

• Like 1

We are just finishing up LL 4. I agree with the previous comment that the grammar kind of starts back at nouns every year, and builds. And the composition assignments can be definitely be scaled up or down to meet a child where she is. 

Just to be clear, there is no spelling component. 

The main thing I would say is LL 4 has many MORE books than the previous level and some of them are quite LONG. I think it takes a pretty strong reader to tackle them. They range from level P-V, if you’re familiar with guided reading levels.

• Like 2