Menu

Physics Competitions

We don’t have any physics competition experience, but my son is taking physics with Awesome Math. He is taking it along with Thinkwell’s Honors Physics class. We decided to add Awesome Math’s physics class for additional practice this semester. The Awesome Math Physics class is much more challenging than Thinkwell, the homework problems required that you really understand the concepts and can derive the equations and definitely not a chug and plug class. 

• Like 3

On 3/24/2021 at 5:46 PM, SDMomof3 said:

We don’t have any physics competition experience, but my son is taking physics with Awesome Math. He is taking it along with Thinkwell’s Honors Physics class. We decided to add Awesome Math’s physics class for additional practice this semester. The Awesome Math Physics class is much more challenging than Thinkwell, the homework problems required that you really understand the concepts and can derive the equations and definitely not a chug and plug class. 

Has he already taken the F=ma class from AoPS? What level of math prep do you think you need to be successful in the Awesome Math Physics class? I am debating between AoPS and Awesome Math and you're the first person that I know that has taken Awesome Math.

1 hour ago, SeaConquest said:

Has he already taken the F=ma class from AoPS? What level of math prep do you think you need to be successful in the Awesome Math Physics class? I am debating between AoPS and Awesome Math and you're the first person that I know that has taken Awesome Math.

He should have a good command of trig and algebra 2 before taking the class. It’s a self-taught class and the live portion is for answering questions. It is a good complement to Thinkwell Physics for my ds. Ds has not taken AoPS class. 

• Thanks 1