Menu

Accountability Thread 3/21-3/27

Morning. Time to set up the week. It's going to be a busy one.

Today's plans:

House: set up cleaning plan for the week, groceries, usual chores

Cooking: grilling tonight

School: schedules (short week this week--I have work)

Writing: 2000 words on WIP, revise one chapter in one WIP (redrafting still), revisions to one chapter in another WIP (not as much rewriting in this one), plan out the week's writing

Art: class today! work on painting and set up more art work for the week. I've been stalling on one project for fear I can't do the subject justice. I can't. But I will never be able to if I don't practice!

• Like 1

Morning. I survived. I'm very sore after my shot, though, and today I'm not planning on doing a lot other than writing and taking care of sick animal and sick me.

House: chores (done)

Cooking: beef stroganoff for lunch, pizza for dinner

School: usual

Writing: redraft the chapter I didn't get to last night, continue revisions, get 1000 each in my other stories because I miss them, writer's meeting, Beta read, personal reading

• Like 2

Morning.  @Critterfixer-- I'm sorry to hear that it's been rough.  Hope the rest of your week is an easier row to hoe, friend. 

I think today's accountability may be iterative ... at any rate, I need to:

• Keep troubleshooting/addressing my stress/PTSD, which is a big problem right now.
  • Engage the boys' school & planning: get my finger on the pulse of what's working, troubleshoot what isn't.
  • Get soil for roses, roses in ground.
  • Fitness for everyone. 
  • Dinner: souffles, kale of some sort, fresh veggies. 
  • Read-alouds for boys before bed.
  • House.  !!!!! 
  • Like 2

Evening!  Hope you're feeling better, Critterfixer. 

• Roses not in ground yet.  Will do tomorrow, barring Utter Disaster. 
  • Progress on the house, which is a big source of stress.  We have way more books than bookshelves, and it isn't something easy to remedy immediately so there's bound to be a certain amount of clutter, but we should be able to improve it. 
  • Very basic school -- essentially a break week -- Latin for elder, piano for younger, and extra chores for both + plenty of time outside. 
  • Am decompressing. 
  • Left: some stretching/exercise for me; showers/baths; read-alouds for boys; catch up with DH. 
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Well, it's all catch up day! 

🤣   Here: catch up week.  Month?  Probably can't afford a whole year ...

Today was Absolutely Fine.  Boys are fundamentally well, hurrah!  all the work is paying off. 

Tomorrow I need to kick things off with an AM run + fitness, and then do another round in the PM.  Rest of the roses in; Latin for elder, music for younger, arts/Shakespeare all around, lots of house stuff + trying to un-stress for me. 

• Like 1

Morning. Last day of the week. Next week may be better? I can only hope.

Today's tasks:

House: chores

Cooking: make up the chicken and stock into soup this morning, add noodles before serving, possibly bake cinnamon rolls

School: off, going to the lake this afternoon.

Writing: finish up a revision today, continue revisions on another story, a critique to do, personal reading

That's all I've got the mental space for today.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Cooking: make up the chicken and stock into soup this morning, add noodles before serving, possibly bake cinnamon rolls

U R a gud frind  😉 & you solved my Dinner Dilemma.  Couldn't figure out what to serve tonight, but read your post & realized we have real stock + leftover roast chicken.  And enough Soup Veggies to round it out.  No noodles, though.  I'll have to use rice or pick noodles up when I take younger for his eye exam: chicken noodle soup sounds divine. 

There's no way I'm getting to cinnamon rolls.  Hope you do -- I'll live vicariously through y'all. 

Today's work?  workin' on figuring that out ...

Edited by serendipitous journey