Menu

The Berean Call... What do you think of Jesus?

I haven't clicked on your links...too tired right now and heading to bed.

But.

What you wrote as an introduction makes me think of a book I just read. It's fairly new, but was a really good read called Jesus wants to save the Christians, a manifesto for the church in exile by Rob Bell. You might want to check it out.

I'll have to spend some time on that site - I've not seen it before.

I think reading and understanding God's Word is vital for every Christian - and really non-Christians who want to understand Christianity. TOO MANY men and women stand in pulpits claiming they have "a word" from God, when in fact they are twisting the scripture to fit their own agenda. I've seen it split more than one church:glare:

I've seen pastors shaming people b/c they dare question "THE MAN OF GOD" when the people see the disconnect between the Bible and the pastor's sermon....I could rant on here for a while, but I won't. It's just quite telling when the pastor-supporters are all gazing up at him with giddy grins, while those who question him are the only ones looking down into their Bibles, scratching their heads with a look of disbelief.

Even people who have been in church since the cradle are vulnerable to false teaching if they aren't studying God's word for themselves.

Can you tell you touched a tender spot???:lol: I just might have to send some linkies:lol: