Menu

Notebooking

Those of you who notebook for all or some subjects, tell me what that looks like.  Google gives me too many blogs with either preprinted pages all filled out or elaborate art work, which is inspiring but just not going to happen here.  @8filltheheart,I was rereading Homeschooling at the Helm, and you sent your son off  with an assignment to set up his notebooking pages for the year.  You didn't elaborate, because he knew what to do, but now I want to know!

For context for any other readers, this is the reference: 

I generated a list for the primary information he needed to supply for each planet: its composition, its diameter, its length of year, its length of day, its average surface temperature, whether it possesses an atmosphere or any moons, and its core’s activity. That list was provided to the student when he was asked to assemble his astronomy notebook. He was expected to set up his notebook accordingly.

Basically, I gave him a list of the key pts I thought he should include in his Cornell Notes.  I want my kids to master notetaking in middle school so that they are prepared for taking notes in high school.  (by college, taking notes is a non-issue.)   When they are first learning how to take notes from their reading, I provide some scaffolding so they synthesize vs. attempting to include everything.

Here are a couple of videos on Cornell Notes:

• Thanks 2