Menu

Focus On Chemistry (RS4K)

Classically Minded

I like the information contained, but have found that the Elementary level is for K-2, maybe 3, what's labeled as Middle school, was easily understood by my 5th grader, and my 3rd grader. The information was explained well, and at the Middle School level, went deep enough to satisfy their curiosity and answer any questions. When we did the elementary, there seemed to be not much depth and lots of questions were left unanswered. My kids are very average kids. It's great curriculum, just not graded properly in my opinion. 

I didn't like having to get all 3 books. The teacher's manual only tells you how to do the experiments, the lab notebook is for recording information about the experiment, the text teaches you. 

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

I agree with what alisha said above. The information in the textbook was good, but on the easy side for the grade level. I really like the explanations in the textbook, but I wish there was more in the book. I also didn't feel that the teachers manual and the lab book were worth the money. I can find similar experiments easily online. I did, however, like the textbook well enough to buy another topic or two.

• Like 1