Menu

Have you tried CAP's "Well Ordered Language"?

TheAttachedMama

Can anyone please review Well Ordered Language?   I am thinking about trying it out with my youngest child, however, I would love to read some reviews first.   He has gone through Logic of English Foundations A-->D, but I am not sold on sticking with Logic of English past foundations.   (Essentials just doesn't resonate with me for some reason.).   I am considering switching him to First Language Lessons (tried and true), English Lessons through Literature....or possibly Well Ordered Language next year.   

I would especially love it if anyone could compare or contrast it with other grammar programs you have tried....because I likely have tried them before. 😉  It is sad to say, but I am like a walking rainbow resource catalog at this point.  lol. (I am very familiar with First Language Lessons, IEW's Fix-It, Memoria Press's English Grammar Recitation, English Lessons Through Literature, Analytical Grammar, and Logic of English, et. al. ).

Edited by TheAttachedMama

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I haven't actually used WOL, but I have looked over the samples extensively, and I really think it's marketed for a classical school setting and not homeschoolers. Yes, the tone written to the student is casual, but why are the books so wordy? Amy at humilityanddoxology is using it, and has been pretty generous with detailed replies for a different curriculum in the past for me.

Edited by Foofaraw
  • Like 1