Menu

Accountability Thread 1/10-1/16

Morning. It's cold. But it's January and that's okay here.

Today's goals:

House: chores, spring cleaning planning (ugh)

School: none, but I need to do a Latin lesson tomorrow and read Beowulf, and possibly start The Calamitous 14th Century again, because I love that book. The boys are starting Henle 3, and I realized I don't know enough about Cicero, so that's on my list of books to find. I'm thinking of picking up a few of his works and reading them for myself.

Cooking: none today

Writing: Editing, 2000 words on other manuscripts, personal reading

Art: continue one project, start two others, art class today

Exercise: Walk two miles

• Like 1

Morning! 

Today is an assess / evaluate & plan day.  I might update stuff here for my notes. 

Things to assess: school; school planning; fitness for boys & for me; rpg; home stuff; garden stuff; year planning, include something sort of marvelous. 

1. most urgent: get house organized and steady-state-ish.   what's feasible? 
  2. RPG: figure out what is feasible.  I'd like get to a place of being non-urgent and with a finite amount of work per session.  deliverables: campaign concept map; to-do list for each session with links / resources; basic physical maps for each place; essential challenges / adventures for each location.  Feasible? 
  3. school: ordered books &c.  Oh my goodness that took a while, and I'd already done most of the work ...
  4. for tomorrow: contact used book store RE an installment plan for some books for DH.
Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 1

Afternoon back at you!  🙂 

Doing okay today, though RPG took an insane amount of time.  Sigh.  I'm _finally_ getting a handle on prepping the adventures, and one of my players very graciously is running the game for a week or two to give me a breather so that will help.  This is my boys' only non-family community at the moment, so it is worth extraordinary effort to keep the group together; but I absolutely need to cut back the time it takes each week.  I've been working toward that and am making progress, thank goodness! 

For now: clean like mad; do a quick memory review with boys before sending them off for chores.  Dinner, run RPG. 

Notes for tomorrow so I get going promptly: Up earlier (with DH).  School: Start by working with younger on science for 1 hour.  Math for both boys; languages for both boys; English too.  Chores & RPG.  What for dinner? and fitness all around. 

• Like 1

Morning. Today is shaping up to be less busy than yesterday, but still busy.

Goals:

House: chores, continue working on the spring cleaning lists

School: usual

Cooking: baked potato night

Writing: 4000 words, writers' meeting stuff, personal reading

Art: continue projects

Exercise: walk 4 miles

Extra: still have the CE stuff to get done. Didn't get to it yesterday.

• Like 1

Morning!

Today's goals: 

House: chores, kitchen. Try to get one of the spring-cleaning things done along with general stuff.

Cooking: pizza night

Writing: 4000 words, possibly start a short story, personal reading

Art: continue projects

Exercise: walk 4 miles

• Like 1

Morning!

Today: various & sundry errands. 

Get some boxes ready to ship.

Pack up with masks & hand sanitizer and head out to post office; local game supply store; nursery; pick up prescription for MIL.

School: math, Latin + English for elder; hands-on stuff, math, language work (English or classical) for younger. 

Fitness all around.

Chores, RPG work, school planning work. 

Dinner: take-out date night tonight. 

• Like 1

Morning! Big day today.

House: chores, quick sweep

Cooking: beef stew, blondies

Writing: 4000 words, a short story, send a query, write a new query for a new story, draft the synopsis for it, critiques, personal reading

Art: work on one project, touch-ups on another

Extra: run to town for dog food and pine shavings for chickens.

• Like 1

Morning!  That is a big day.  Esp. with going to town; that always seems to take a chunk of time here, even though we're quite close to town.  

Kicking it off with migraine management.  Hope to get back later and flesh out: school; RPG; chores; home organization stuff; fitness.  Have no earthly idea what dinner will be tonight, but it'll be early so we feed younger before his 6pm online piano lesson. 

Hugs all around!  why not? 

• Like 1

Morning! I survived yesterday and got most everything done. I didn't get that new query and synopsis written, but I don't strictly have to have those right now, so.

Today's goals:

House: chores

Cooking: leftovers

Writing: 4000 words over projects, do that query and synopsis, short story, start reading a story for revisions in late January/February, look at goals/schedule for pacing through those months, personal reading

Art: Finish book cover today

Exercise: walk two miles

• Like 1