Menu

what to do for fun with kids during the winter

caedmyn

I really struggle with parenting burnout on an ongoing basis.  One of the things that helps is finding things to do with my kids that they enjoy (meaning less whining and fighting) and I enjoy.  When the weather's nice that mostly looks like going to parks and going for walks on the trails by the river.  We're rapidly approaching the end of decent weather, and winters are looong here.  They're also very windy, and it's just not fun going outside when the wind is blowing 20-30 mph and it's 24 degrees out.  I need to come up with other things we can all enjoy doing.  I'd prefer things that get us out of the house, but I really can't think of anything.  Life is mostly normal here other than having to wear masks inside anywhere, so everything's open.  There's not much in the way of museums.  There is a children's museum, but I do NOT enjoy visiting it.  At home we like playing games, but there's nothing everyone can play, and trying to play with the big kids means the little ones are running around getting into trouble, which ends up not being fun for me.  What else could we do that would be fun/nice for all of us?

39 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

How old are your kids?

Not sure what is around you.  But if you're comfortable with indoor things

Swimming 

Rock climbing 

Bowling 

Tennis 

Jump places 

Basketball or volleyball 

Can the kids do activities or sports there 

Or are you looking for things to do at home?

I could use ideas for both at home and away from home.  Kids are 14, 11, 9, 7, 4, & 2.  There's just not much that a 2 yo can do, and I don't really enjoy trying to entertain him while the others do an activity.

• Like 1