Menu

RightStart Practice Sheets?

KAM

I can't figure out how I'm supposed to use these. My dd is almost 8 and in Level C. Every few lessons it tells us to spend 10 minutes doing the practice sheets (way too much time according to her since that would mean doing two or three back to back). Earlier in the book it said to spend five minutes every day on the practice sheets ,which we have been doing sporadically. She doesn't like being timed and doing the chart as suggested. Does anyone else use the practice sheets- how do you do it?

T is using RS C. My plan was to have him do one practice sheet each day before the math lesson. In reality, it's pretty sporadic. Some days are hectic, and I'm doing well just to present the lesson!

So, he does one practice sheet before his math lesson when I remember to have him do it, and there's time. :D We don't time it or use the graphs; the practice sheets don't give him much trouble & I think the practice helps whether or not we do it exactly as directed. :)

I use the review lessons as a guide, to figure out how far in the practice sheets to work. (I tear them out of the student book, and keep them in a page protector. T then uses dry-erase markers to mark his answers & then erase them.)

HTH

I'm using RS C and it is recommended to do a practice sheet after the warm up section of the lesson each day. I am having my daughter do one a day, but we don't usually do it right after the warm up.

I love the idea of the page protectors as well. I'm so tired of running to the library to make copies!

Lisa

I can't figure out how I'm supposed to use these. My dd is almost 8 and in Level C. Every few lessons it tells us to spend 10 minutes doing the practice sheets (way too much time according to her since that would mean doing two or three back to back). Earlier in the book it said to spend five minutes every day on the practice sheets ,which we have been doing sporadically. She doesn't like being timed and doing the chart as suggested. Does anyone else use the practice sheets- how do you do it?

If I were doing them I would just do a page a day, and I wouldn't worry about timing them if they don't like it.

The only reason why I don't use them is because I also do the whole Singapore math program, so they get plenty of practice. :D

Heather