Menu

Has anyone dual-enrolled in their Public high school?

Guest Fitzmom

Guest Fitzmom

DD is currently a JR at home and taking science and math at the community college. She is very interested in animmal science and raises and shows horses,goats, sheep, chickens,etc. The local Ag Ed teacher at the high school has her interested in taking Vet Science and Equine Science and joining FFA for next year. Our school district requires she take two classes to be dual enrolled. While I like the idea of FFA and Ag classes I am leary of being entangled with the school district again. Any experiences in this area? Thanks!

No personal experience with high school dual enrollment; however, it does sound like a great opportunity.

How binding is it? If you try it and don't care for the set up, will it be easy to withdraw?

One downside that I can envision is being tied to a daily school schedule. (Most of the community college classes my teen has taken are MWF or TTH though admittedly some have been four or five day courses.) That fact could be tiresome if your child is used to a more flexible schedule.

Regards,

Kareni