Menu

An idea, good/bad ????

Tonight I was eating some of our freshly ground 100% wheat bread and had an idea, but unsure of it. We are in a homeschool co-op that meets every other week. Today a mom set up quilts that she sells and several people bought them and another mom was trying to have a fundraiser and selling banket rolls (never even heard about them) Anyway as I was making dinner, I thought, What about making fresh bread the night before and selling it? Hmmmm....what do you all think and if it's a good idea, what would you charge for a loaf? Or considering the health factors, would it be a big no-no in your book? I know of several moms that would probably buy it....

Hmm...what's the hive say?

Thanks,

Phlox

Well, I am one of the board members, people have brought in eggs to sell, people bring in stuff that they no longer want for others to take and the other mom did ask if she could sell her quilts, I figured it's a good way to help others that might like fresh bread, but don't have time to pay for it.

Plus, I think if someone has a service to offer, I'd rather give that person my business and help them out.

Phlox

Maybe you could make up flyers to advertise and hand them out at co-op or have them where other moms will see them. Then you could take orders by phone or e-mail up to 2 days ahead of time. The benefits would be that you'll know how many loaves you need to make and will avoid having to peddle your loaves on co-op day and, potentially, irritating people - just would be a matter of delivery and payment.

My 2cents,

Kimm in WA