Menu

The Power in Your Hands (Sharon Watson) questions

Dd will be starting 9th grade and I plan on her using Sharon Watson's Power in Your Hands. I have read online that the program can easily be spread over 2 years. We already have the material in hand, and it does appear that it can be used over a 2 year period, but I don't find any mention of that in the book.

My question is specifically about scheduling . Do most people use it over 2 years versus 1 year?

If so, how have you scheduled the material out? Do you go in order of the book? My concern was that there are several chapters on persuasion in the beginning. 

I have spread it out over 18 months. The persuasive chapters take about a semester. I used those in order, but then did mixed things up for the rest of the book. When I planned it out I based it on what my dd and her friend were capable of. In general, they did the chapter exercises over one week. Then we discussed those. Then they wrote the essays the next week. The research paper took longer. 

3 hours ago, freesia said:

I have spread it out over 18 months. The persuasive chapters take about a semester. I used those in order, but then did mixed things up for the rest of the book. When I planned it out I based it on what my dd and her friend were capable of. In general, they did the chapter exercises over one week. Then we discussed those. Then they wrote the essays the next week. The research paper took longer. 

Thank you😊

• Like 1