Menu

Accountability Thread 7/12-7/18

Morning. Middle of July and here comes the heat. Not looking forward to working in the garden this week; it's going to be rough.

Today's goals:

House: usual chores, plan out the cleaning, watering plants

School: schedules

Cooking: chicken and rice, veggies, ice cream

Writing: 3000-4000 drafting, same for revisions, finish some critiques today, personal reading

• Like 1

Morning. It's not too hot this morning, so the boys are out watering the garden early. I'll get my tomatoes next.

Today's goals:

House: laundry, cat boxes, dishes, garden

School: usual

Cooking: grilling tonight

Writing: 2000-4000 in WIPs, same revising, Beta reading, personal reading

Extra: painting, dentist

• Like 1

Morning! I didn't get everything done yesterday. But I did a lot.

Today's goals:

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, bedroom (power outage stopped that yesterday), gardens

School: regular

Cooking: chicken fried steaks, gravy, mashed potatoes. lemon pound cake, cauliflower or broccoli. Not sure which I'm in the mood for.

Writing: 2000-4000 words drafting, same in revisions, personal reading, critiques for two people, writers' meeting stuff.

Extra: sketching, start a new painting exercise in preparation for a character project.

• Like 1

Morning. Middle of the week, and it's a hot, hot Weirdsday.

Today's goals:

House: laundry, cat boxes, dishes, garden, kitchen

Cooking: haven't decided yet. It's hot. I want to bake a cheesecake, but...oven.

Writing: 2000-4000 drafting, same in revisions. I plan to hit 50K for Camp NaNoWriMo today. Critiques, personal reading also on the list.

• Like 1

Good morning!  Sorry I've been so absent.  Time is flying. 

Today: oh my goodness.  Engage music very proactively (3 practices, work on theory, composer study of some sort) plus our scheduled work.  RPG work: session notes, work on rules, work on campaign, work on world.  Feed everybody today (dinner: grilled chicken; plenty of veggies; avocado dip; plum johnny cakes, maybe make small ones) and keep garden watered.  Chores, make sure boys get clean & wash hair. 

• Like 1

Morning! It's our light day for school. No art, because pandemic, so we went and picked peaches today. 

Today's tasks:

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, gardens, catch up cleaning, process peaches?

School: math only

Cooking: stroganoff, egg noodles, cauliflower, cheesecake with peaches

Writing: 2000-4000 words draft, same for revisions, critiques, personal reading

38 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning! It's our light day for school. No art, because pandemic, so we went and picked peaches today. 

Today's tasks:

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, gardens, catch up cleaning, process peaches?

School: math only

Cooking: stroganoff, egg noodles, cauliflower, cheesecake with peaches

Writing: 2000-4000 words draft, same for revisions, critiques, personal reading

• Like 1

Morning!  Peaches, happiness!  hope they're succulent. 

Right now: migraine treatment/prevention, tonight's dinner is yesterday's (because Wed was date night, forgot b/c of head ouchies), piano lessons this AM which I need to sit along with (they are online, because pandemic) so supportive thoughts/prayers appreciated. 

And happy thoughts + prayers back to you, friends!  Esp. Critterfixer: it brings me a sense of good things in the world, that you are writing & revising &c throughout all this.  e-hug!

• Like 1

Aww, thanks! I expect it's my weird way of dealing with stress, though. Writing tends to be an escape for me, and so when I need somewhere to go inside where I can relax, I write.

Today's goals:

House: laundry, cat boxes, dishes, clean out refrigerator

Cooking: none, leftovers (although I might make chicken stock with leftover chicken bones)

Writing: 2000-4000 drafting, same for revision, critique a submission package, personal reading

Extra: There will be painting today. A couple of these peaches are demanding a still life, and I need to pose them today and play with colors.

• Like 1

Glad to hear that the writing is a salve for the stress.  🙂 

Today: migraine management (do 4 cycles of heart rate up/mental work, do yoga, get in strength + aerobic); necessary school for boys + poetry writing if can possibly manage it; get my campaign notes into WorldAnvil and begin looking for a way to offline backup access to them; house + garden work; lunch take-out Indian; dinner comfort food: split a leg of lamb with my mother-in-law, cheddar muffins, salad, fresh veggies, plum johnny cakes. 

• Like 1

Morning!  Afternoon!  Today is focus on RPG, setting up the week. 

RPG: most important: prep Monday's game.  Round out current adventure, work segue, plan travel + urban encounter.  Then, go over system mechanics and the player characters.   Work on stasis + displacement spells (lower power on displacement?) and add possible spells for PCs to learn in adventure, draft gods.

Clean house, work in garden a bit, get a grip on younger's Latin schedule, get online language enrollment for Fall set up.  Make the johnny cakes that didn't happen yesterday.  😉 

Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 1