Menu

Having a really hard time planning....

We've decided to pull our three youngest from their classical charter and homeschool this year. When I homeschooled my oldest, I poured over these boards- relishing the hours of researching the perfect curriculum for him. This time around, I just feel so tired every time I log on.... A part of it is the local group that offers classes hasn't announced what or even if they are even having those classes this year. I'm trying to keep things simple- I still work part-time and hubby will work from home those days, but he won't really school with them. I also want to step away from the rigorous classical drilling. I guess I'm just complaining/venting and not so much looking for advice. 

(Also, how do I edit my very outdated signature...)

Edited by Penny_P
  • Like 2

The times are really tough - lots of uncertainty, division, cultural upheaval, etc. Even if everything else were perfect (which, for most of us, they aren't), right now would be exhausting.

For me, thinking about homeschooling ds15 has been really hard because I just want his school to tell me their plans so I can decide - but they can't make plans, so I feel trapped waiting for someone else's decisions. And I loved homeschooling ds15.

Emily

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Penny_P said:

(Also, how do I edit my very outdated signature...)

In the upper right of your screen, click your name and go down to Account Settings. On the page it takes you to, look on the left for Signature.

The whole what-will-be-open/what-will-be-safe thing is taking a toll on everybody who has to plan ahead right now. 😕  It makes everything so daunting.

• Thanks 1

Yep, that was me about two weeks ago.  UGH!!!  I finally figured things out for next year and got a ton of planning done.

And I decided, with all the uncertainty surrounding COVID, that we're just going to lay low this year.  The kids are still doing ballet, football and track.  But, we're not going to be doing any enrichment classes, no theater, etc.  (which dd15 is going to kill me). This just isn't the year for that.