Menu

Long Distance Move

Plateau Mama

We are moving about 2000 miles away.  I am trying to plan trip from here to there and am having a hard time finding an app to do what I want.  I am looking for an app that will do the following:

- Start/End Point

- # hours I want to drive

-start/stop time each day

-plan stops for the night, but allow me to easily change them and adjust the rest of my drive accordingly.  With the shutdown I am trying to stay in areas that are a bit more open and not still totally locked down. 

-add sightseeing stops

For the mostpart we are just wanting to get from point a to point b.  We want to stay in larger cities that we are more familiar with.  I have been trying to use Ferkot and it checks most of the boxes but it is hard to makes changes.  Anything better?

I like to plot it by hand on google maps because it is really handy to plot hotels.  I am picky about what area of town I am staying in, and being able to see on google maps what restaurants are nearby is handy.  A good tip is to look for a nearby Costco. They tend to be in better neighborhoods and I can do an inexpensive gas fill-up in the morning.  Start times are reliable, but I find that stop times rarely are.....unexpected construction, car accidents, etc. all tend to unexpectedly slow me down.