Menu

If you use proclick to bind at the top of workbooks

ktgrok

Here is what I find works the best for me.  But I am really picky and it bothers me when the pages don't line up in the finished spiral notebook.  Make sure that the handle is at the bottom (near you).  You have to hold the papers firmly against the line at the bottom guide.  So with one hand you are pushing the papers gently towards you.  Then with the other hand, push the handle quickly to start cutting the holes from the bottom to the top.  Once you have done a few holes, you can relax, or even stop for a moment.  Of course at that point it is stuck.  What you want to avoid is how a page will sometimes get pushed forward slightly instead of starting immediately.  When that happens some of the papers are misaligned.  That makes it harder to get the spiral through the holes, you have to load the pages one.at.a.time.  I find that I can easily cut holes in three pages at once. Any more than that and the pages get stuck inside the device.

Well, that was way too detailed - but I LOVE my Proclick! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ktgrok said:

Is there any trick to it? As far as lining up the holes nicely so you don't get half holes or whatever? Or if I line it up at the bottom guide will it work out okay?

I often bind my booklets at the top - it is great for handwriting and other times you don't want the binding to be in the way.

On my Proclick there are two lines on the left hand side, labeled "Oversized" and "Standard".  The Standard line ends with a raised dot.  The dot is about an eighth of an inch away from the normal paper guide.  I find that if I align my paper (when I am binding the top) so that it just barely covers that dot then the holes line up perfectly.

• Like 1