Menu

Awesome Maine governor

Kanin

Maine's governor, Janet Mills, is awesome. She just held a press conference saying that all non-essential businesses must close. She was very no-nonsense, practical, and strong. She was specific, too - Don't bring your whole family grocery shopping, make a list and send one person to shop as quickly as possible. Just because a business is open, doesn't mean it's safe to shop there. Even though we usually go to a bingo game or Elks Club, or play pick up basketball, we can't do those things  - for now. She definitely made it clear that we're all doing this for the vulnerable in our communities. She also said that we may need to consider more restrictive options, and that it depends on if we "choose to stay apart for now, so we can come back together later." 

Very proud to be a Mainah 👍

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, readinmom said:

Good job!  I like how she pointed out not to bring everyone with you...so important.

Me too. Now people are mad because she didn't order a stay at home order, which I totally understand and feel the same about, but I'm glad she at least did what she did, in such a calm, informative way. 

• Like 1