Menu

To sell IEW TWSS or to keep...

mykidsrmyjoy

I bought IEW TWSS last year as well as a theme book to use with my DD last year. She’ll be finishing up the theme book in a couple months and while I want to continue with IEW, I’m seriously considering using the new SWI this coming year. I’ve worked through the first few units of TWSS but don’t feel like I have the time to put into it as I’d like and am considering selling it to help fund other curriculum. My question is, would I regret it? Is it essential to teaching the program even if the student is using SWI? 

I would ask IEW, because it *seems* like the new SSS is formatted in such a way that the TWSS is not as essential as it used to be.  Last year when they were selling the old Student Writing Intensive (SWI) we were told that they really do need the TWSS so that they understand how to implement/support lessons at home. However, paging through this year's catalog, I don't have the same impression. I think that some people on here have watched the webinars on the new product and can perhaps speak to this.

Did you happen to sign up for the free sample of SSS they offered during the 10 days of Christmas promotion?  

I agree with holding on to it until you actually have the new version in your hands (if it's possible to do that) so you can see how much you may still need it. Have you checked homeschoolclassifieds or Ebay, etc., to see what you might get for the TWSS? It may not be worth it to sell it.

I plan on using the new SWI Continuation B and C with my DD next year and beyond. I have the "old" SIIC B and SIIC C, and am trying to sell the DVDs now, but I am also holding onto my TWSS still. In the past, I have consulted it at times for additional support in teaching various units, so I may need to continue to do that. 

Edited by CAtoVA