Menu

For those that have used Apples Spelling, did you follow up with Apples 2 Secondary

Kelley

My 7th grader (challenged speller) has done one lesson/page a day in addition to our core program. We are approaching the last quarter of the book, and I see the cross over (improvement:)) in her written work. The lessons are short and sweet, usually less than 15 minutes. I do plan to continue on to book two. However, I'm not sure it will actually be necessary ;).

14yo DS used Apples 1 last year and is using Apples 2 this year. Technically I let him skip 7th grade, so he transcript says that these were used in 8th and 9th.

The lessons have Day 1, Day 2, etc. written at the top of the page. Apples was set out and completed (maybe not quite every day), but there are only 150 days and it was a no-brainer, feel-good to add in again this year.

HTH-

Mandy

So is the goal of the program to have both books completed by the end of 8the grade as is true of many Spelling Programs?

The reason I ask is that I am switching Spelling programs mid-stream with my 7th grader. I had used Spelling Workout G and felt that it was too Vocabulary Intense.:o I already use a Vocabulary Program and didn't want to repeat this subject. Thus, I am curious if I should double up on lessons to get us caught up. If I don't there is no way that both books would be completed by the end of 8th grade.

Thanks for any guidance,:)

Kelley