Menu

Open Course on Middle Ages

My son and I are currently working through The Great Courses series by Philip Daileader.  I cannot stand them.  

I would prefer an open course where a professor is actually teaching to students.  Yale has a course that looks good, but it only covers the early period.  

Googling has not brought up other options.  Does anyone have a suggestion for covering the high and late middle ages?  Should I just force myself through Daileader?

I copied this from another thread, but I don't know where. LOL. It is in a spreadsheet I am compiling of options.

"

I think I know which Great Courses prof you're referring to (Daileader?). Many seem to love him, according to reviews, but we found him a bit too dry also, the year we covered medieval history. We switched to the courses by Dorsey Armstrong, and both DS and I enjoyed her style much more. Esp. her series about the plague, strangely enough. Any chance you can try videos by a different prof?"