Menu

Heart of Dakota

countrymum

I've been looking at Heart of Dakota recently. I`ve seen some used guides. How much do they change their guides from year to year? I'm particularly thinking of the little hands to heaven, bigger hearts, and preparing hearts.

Additionally any thoughts, reviews, musings......

Edited by countrymum

10 hours ago, countrymum said:

I've been looking at Heart of Dakota recently. I`ve seen some used guides. How much do they change their guides from year to year? I'm particularly thinking of the little hands to heaven, bigger hearts, and preparing hearts.

Additionally any thoughts, reviews, musings......

Do you mean how often they do updates? They just recently started updating some of the guides. They finished updating Bigger Hearts and are working on Preparing Hearts now. Preparing is hoped to be finished updating for the next school year, but one of their sons has chronic health issues, so that is not promised. It is absolutely fine to use as is though. They are updating it to include their own notebooking pages like they did with Bigger. We’ve used their program on and off since K. My girls are doing Creation to Christ right now. I would always err on the side of starting a guide down if torn on placement. The workload really ramps up once you get to Creation to Christ.

Thanks about the updating guides now to go with those pages. That makes sense. I think I'm going to start bigger with the notebook pages (we like the looks of them) and an old guide. If its too hard to figure out too many pages I'll buy a new guide;) I am planning to keep my old math (rightstart) and grammar (Abeka) and try putting ds 8.5 and dd almost 7 ( already reading and writing at at least a 2nd grade level) in bigger for a Jan-Dec year.

On 1/8/2020 at 9:48 PM, countrymum said:

Thanks about the updating guides now to go with those pages. That makes sense. I think I'm going to start bigger with the notebook pages (we like the looks of them) and an old guide. If its too hard to figure out too many pages I'll buy a new guide;) I am planning to keep my old math (rightstart) and grammar (Abeka) and try putting ds 8.5 and dd almost 7 ( already reading and writing at at least a 2nd grade level) in bigger for a Jan-Dec year.

Sound like a plan! We just started CTC for a Jan-Dec year. 🙂 if you use an old guide, there are mom made Notebooking pages on the Facebook group-or there used to be at least. It’s worth a look. 🙂

5 hours ago, countrymum said:

I had (dark ages;) facebook in college and when it got so big I deleated my account.... Is there anywhere else to get the mom made notebook pages? Or do you know if i can use the HOD new ones without too much trouble? Thanks

I’ve not tried to before. If you private message me your email, I can probably get them for you. 😃