Menu

Funny thing my dd said

I just love how my daughter speaks after she's read books in a certain time period. It's so funny!

My parents are expected in tonight, whom we haven't seen in 6 months. In order to have more time with them and less time in the kitchen, we've been making as much in advance as we can. So this morning, she and I were making dessert for tomorrow. As we were pouring the batter into the pans, my dd says to me:

"You're going to have to get showered and dressed in order to make a proper acquaintance with grandpa and grandma."

:lol::lol:

She also has a tendency to say something is "horrid". :D I love it!

My favorite was my Little Women stage. It was so much fun!

This should be fun then. She's about to start the unabridged Little Women as her "assigned" reading. I think it will probably take her into the spring since it's so long.

I shall very much enjoy listening to the little lady speak to me so cordially. :lol:

How fun is that, she's really absorbing what she reads.

I don't know that I do that with books but when I was about 14 I spent a week in Yorkshire with my Grandmother and her extended family. By the end of the visit I was throwing a lot of Aye's and lass's into my speech. *UGH* I just cringe about it now thinking how riduculous I sounded! :blush:

I am having vivid memories of some of my senior English classes in college. One semester I took two classes: Shakespeare and Dickens. At both exams everyone was cracking jokes and commiserating about how two solid days of cramming result in very old-fashioned speech patterns. My roommate got a kick out of it too, as it was at times involuntary.