Menu

Gift ideas for cosplayers?

Spryte

My two cosplayers have asked for “cosplay materials.”  We have a ready supply of most of their normal supplies, so I’m looking for some new ideas.  They do advanced foam work, so we have a lot foam supplies (dremel, heat gun, wood burning kit, that type of stuff).

A new book about cosplay techniques, maybe?  They love Kamui, and have a selection of others, so I could use some ideas there.

So far, we’ve got foam in various thicknesses, and a moldable foam that looks new and fun.

I’d like to order Worbla, but need a source other than amazon - it seems overpriced there.

I’d like to get them branching into new areas, so open to all cosplay type ideas.  Maybe something to go with the new sewing machine that none of us know how to use well?  🤣

And a cautionary word to the younger crowd: this is where all those duct tape armor projects lead eventually.  Ha!  All the years of giving duct tape as gifts and suddenly they’ve zoomed past duct tape and do projects that require respirators and major safety gear.  Aaack!

9 minutes ago, alisoncooks said:

This may be too much but a 3D printer? I have no idea what they run. But I've seen cool 3D printed cosplay things. 

It’s a great idea!  So good that we did it two years ago.  Aaaack!  Though this reminds me that some nice filaments for it would be good in the stocking.  Thank you!

We have a maker family, so that makes this tough.  I feel like we already have so much of the gear.  But I’m sure there’s a lot we don’t - judging from the YouTube channels of cosplayers, we definitely don’t have it all, even though I certainly feel that we do.  🤣

• Like 1

Oh!  Nerdy moment here, but if anyone else has a cosplay kid, a 3D printer is a great tool.

My kid printed a PipBoy from Fallout, distressed and painted it, and inserted an iPhone.  Holy cow! Pretty amazing. His Fall Out cosplay was stellar.

(Nope, kid doesn’t play Fall Out, just likes the style for cosplay.  Kid doesn’t like any video games, for play.)