Menu

Handwriting

Elizabeth86

So, I understand the difference between copywork and handwriting.  My second son is finishing up his 1st grade ZB handwriting book pretty soon.  He started it before the school year and did extra pages just for fun...😕 Really.  Anyway, he has all his letters down.  He knows how to form them.  So, I looked at a reason for handwriting and draw write now for when he finishes ZB book.  They both look like copywork which seems like that would work for handwriting practice for the rest of this year.  I had planned on using WWE 1 next year.  I know WWE contains copywork.  Would I need to add more copywork for handwriting practice on top of this?  My instincts say no, BUT ya'll know the reason certain things are done that I don't know so that's why I'm asking.

I don't know that you need to "add copywork;" at this point, surely writing all of his assignments would be enough. That is, less oral, more written.

Just doing RFW would not be enough handwriting; there has to be actual usage, on a daily basis, for it to become second nature.