Menu

I need a logo made

Nemom

I am ready to start a website for my editing business, and I would like a logo. I would love to offer the opportunity to another mom who is trying to grow/start a business, so I thought I would start here first. Any logo making mom’s on Fivrr or elsewhere who can help? I would like something that I can use on the website, Twitter, FB, Insta, and on business cards.  

• Like 1

OP a company I deal with had logos made for 2 of their web sites, from a Logo contest web site. This was approximately 6 years ago and I can't remember the URL of the web site but I remember exploring it and it was very cool.

Basically, you tell the web site what you will pay (I think their minimum at that time was approximately 150 to 200 USD but am not positive about that) and you pay them, up-front, before the contest begins. They keep approximately 25 USD if my memory is correct.

Possibly 50 or so of their members submit their ideas to you, in competition. You select the best ones, they refine it, and you select a winner. The winner is guaranteed that they will get paid for their work.

The first time, I forget which country the Winner was in. Then, she ran another contest for a different web site. I remember, because the      Winner of that one was here in Colombia. Many of the people are in the USA, and others are scattered around the world.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=logo+design+contest+sites

Possibly, just possibly, the URL below is the web site she used to get both of the logos made. I know she was happy with both of them.

https://logotournament.com/contests

• Like 1

Personally, I LOVE 99designs. This was the one I used to create a logo for dh’s business a few years back. The designers compete and you have a window of time to rank or rate submissions. The winning bid will send digital files with several formats, which has been great as I have used it on everything from letterhead to Christmas cards, to shirts. 

This costs a few hundred dollars but, IMO, is much more worthwhile than trying to squeeze something decent out of five bucks on Fivvr.

• Like 2

On 9/27/2019 at 4:04 PM, Lanny said:

OP a company I deal with had logos made for 2 of their web sites, from a Logo contest web site. This was approximately 6 years ago and I can't remember the URL of the web site but I remember exploring it and it was very cool.

Basically, you tell the web site what you will pay (I think their minimum at that time was approximately 150 to 200 USD but am not positive about that) and you pay them, up-front, before the contest begins. They keep approximately 25 USD if my memory is correct.

Possibly 50 or so of their members submit their ideas to you, in competition. You select the best ones, they refine it, and you select a winner. The winner is guaranteed that they will get paid for their work.

The first time, I forget which country the Winner was in. Then, she ran another contest for a different web site. I remember, because the      Winner of that one was here in Colombia. Many of the people are in the USA, and others are scattered around the world.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=logo+design+contest+sites

Possibly, just possibly, the URL below is the web site she used to get both of the logos made. I know she was happy with both of them.

https://logotournament.com/contests

On 9/27/2019 at 5:31 PM, Quill said:

Personally, I LOVE 99designs. This was the one I used to create a logo for dh’s business a few years back. The designers compete and you have a window of time to rank or rate submissions. The winning bid will send digital files with several formats, which has been great as I have used it on everything from letterhead to Christmas cards, to shirts. 

This costs a few hundred dollars but, IMO, is much more worthwhile than trying to squeeze something decent out of five bucks on Fivvr.

Very cool! I did not know these types of things existed. I will have to spend some time searching both of these sites.

• Like 1