Menu

Can you stand one last AP exams question, pretty please?

I’ve signed up for exam with the local school via total registration,  I’ve paid, I have the email. I haven’t spoken to a live person nor have I registered for these exams with the college board yet. This because I understand I need from the school the exam-only code and it will be a pain getting anything from that school, especially because I’m overseas at the moment. I also don’t have the class code for the class I’m teaching myself but that’s on me to send the syllabus on for approval and get that ball rolling.

i guess my question is: how long do I have to sign up for exams with the college board? Considering I have a seat for exams? 

This is my first year doing AP exams, and I have a senior, but from what I understand, this is a magical year. Due to the AP exam registration deadline being moved up, the College Board is not doing its usual of reviewing your AP syllabus, but next school year it's back to their usual protocol of reviewing/approving syllabi. All I did was use the form syllabus College Board provides for AP Calculus. After a day or two I called CB/AP and was officially approved and got into the AP teacher area they have. As far as paying for the exam, I haven't done that yet. Our school district has a person in charge of ordering the AP exams; I found out his name by contacting the high school we are slated for, and getting in touch with the person in charge of AP exams at that school (we will call her Sue). Well, Sue introduced me to "Pete," the person in charge of AP exam ordering for our county. I emailed Pete the AP exam I wanted my daughter to take in May, and he said he put her on his AP exam list, and that when registration closes sometime in October, he will let me know where to send my $94 check to pay for the one AP exam. He will also, after I pay, give me the exam code. Now, I do know already that I have to be the one to follow-up with Pete in October, as I want to be sure he remembers to get my daughter registered for the AP exam.  I don't know anything about Total Registration. I only know what I've done so far. I have my account as an AP teacher. I hope this helps a little.

10 hours ago, BookwormTo2 said:

This is my first year doing AP exams, and I have a senior, but from what I understand, this is a magical year. Due to the AP exam registration deadline being moved up, the College Board is not doing its usual of reviewing your AP syllabus, but next school year it's back to their usual protocol of reviewing/approving syllabi. All I did was use the form syllabus College Board provides for AP Calculus. After a day or two I called CB/AP and was officially approved and got into the AP teacher area they have. As far as paying for the exam, I haven't done that yet. Our school district has a person in charge of ordering the AP exams; I found out his name by contacting the high school we are slated for, and getting in touch with the person in charge of AP exams at that school (we will call her Sue). Well, Sue introduced me to "Pete," the person in charge of AP exam ordering for our county. I emailed Pete the AP exam I wanted my daughter to take in May, and he said he put her on his AP exam list, and that when registration closes sometime in October, he will let me know where to send my $94 check to pay for the one AP exam. He will also, after I pay, give me the exam code. Now, I do know already that I have to be the one to follow-up with Pete in October, as I want to be sure he remembers to get my daughter registered for the AP exam.  I don't know anything about Total Registration. I only know what I've done so far. I have my account as an AP teacher. I hope this helps a little.

That's very helpful, thanks so much. Have you signed up for the exam with the college board yet?