Menu

Any experience with Mercari selling app?

Lady Florida.

For years I've sold things from around the house on eBay but now it seems like it's mostly professional sellers on there. I haven't tried to sell anything in at least a year. Last week my cousin told me about the Mercari app. She sold a few things and didn't have any problems.Well, she had a problem with a buyer saying her item didn't arrive but as soon as she said she'd open a ticket with FedX it magically arrived. That was a buyer though and not Mercari. I don't know how or if they handle disputes. She hasn't requested her money yet and they require a minimum of $10 in your seller account before they send it. 

I've looked online and there isn't much there good or bad. Has anyone used it? Do you know someone who has? 

Should I just stick with eBay? I'm decluttering and there are a number of things I could sell for extra money. I just don't know where to sell them. I'm not sold on Facebook Marketplace either.

Edited by Lady Florida.

I follow a lot of sellers in instagram that sell on Mecari and Posh.  I haven't tried them yet.  I think lots of people have things cross posted for best way to move things.  I have sold on FB market place either since I am not on FB.  But the people I follow do and they say things fly off there.  I think it has replaced CL.   

• Like 1