Menu

Book a Week 2019 - BW27: Whodunit Bookology - Rabbi David Small

Robin M

On 7/3/2019 at 7:16 PM, tuesdayschild said:

I thought I had completed one of my 10x10 challenges but have such anti feelings about one of the books on the list - it gets worse every time I look at the title and has became a less that 1* read - that I'm not done until I replace that nasty book on the list with a better title. 😋 

17 hours ago, tuesdayschild said:

This!  Exactly 😄  I've just finished adjusting titles so that there is as little cross over (sharing) of titles across the categories as possible.   

Right now I'm counting all the categories each book fills, but for just this reason I'm going to wait till the end of the year to actually assign a book to a category, so I can minimize the overlap - it's hard to figure out ahead of time how that will shake out.  I think the record goes to one book that would check off four categories!

Just realizing that Week 27 is the first week of the 2nd half of the year!  Did we already do a mid-year check in and I missed it?  I only remember a question about favorite books so far...

My 10x10s were:

1. Books over 500 pages - 4 finished, and currently reading 5, 6 and 7 at the same time. :ohmy:
  2. Books in Spanish - 4 finished, working on #5
  3. Books in German - 6 finished
  4. Science fiction - 11 done already - this was low-hanging fruit!
  5. Fantasy and Mythology - 6 finished
  6. Translated - 11 done already here too  - many of these cross categories, though
  7. Non-fiction (not biography or memoir) - 7 finished
  8. Biography-or-memoir - 5 finished, working on #6
  9. Books from countries not yet visited in Read-the-World Challenge - 7 finished
  10. Books from series I started in a previous year - 9 finished

BaW Bingo's doing well; I only have 9/25 squares left.

• Like 9

10 hours ago, mumto2 said:

Since I have photos from last week with a Brit Tripping BaW connection I am going to post them at the end of the week again.

Last Sunday we visited Whitby with all it’s Bram Stoker connections.

Love your photos! Thank you for sharing. I've heard that England's been having some wonderful weather. 

• Like 4