Menu

Skipping or combining levels in Essentials in Writing?

Ds is finishing up level 4 of Barton and this is when you are supposed to add in writing.  I decided on Essentials in Writing. He's a rising 7th grader but I feel he needs to be in level 4 since he needs work on paragraphs. Anyone use this program and find they do not need every level? There seems to be a lot of repeat. 

You can definitely skip levels.  There is a lot of touching on previous topics.  They usually recommend going in at grade level for this reason, but you can email them to verify.  They were very helpful in placing my daughter - we ended up doing Level 8 in Gr. 9 and it was a good fit.  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Jess4879 said:

You can definitely skip levels.  There is a lot of touching on previous topics.  They usually recommend going in at grade level for this reason, but you can email them to verify.  They were very helpful in placing my daughter - we ended up doing Level 8 in Gr. 9 and it was a good fit.  

I think I decided on level 6 after all then skipping to 8 in 8th grade, but emailing them sounds like a good idea. Thanks! 

• Like 1