Menu

The Trip Prep Teachers Lounge 6-24-2019

scrapbookbuzz

Happy Monday and welcome to the Lounge!

Today's theme stems from the fact that my family, except me, is prepping to go cross country next week for my husband's family reunion. Yep, just 3:4 of us. There's a longer 
explanation to that that I won't get into. Anyway, now you know the reason for the theme! B-)

Who's prepping for a trip? Here: me! Well, I'll be helping my kids prep for the trip. DH likes to prep his own way. And actually, I'm thinking I might take the dog and go camping for a couple of days while 
they're gone. IF I can find a decent dispersed camping site the day after 7/4.

What are your plans for July 4 which is NEXT week!? Here: not sure yet. I don't like the summer heat of the desert so I might just stay in. Maybe go see a movie...we'll see. Or prep to leave early the next AM and go find a cooler spot to camp.

Anyone prepping/planning for school yet? Here: My ds (almost 15) ended school on his own a few weeks back, without asking his parents. Hmm. Anyway, I told him that was fine (and it's turning out to be
helpful) but he would have to start up the week after he gets back from church camp. So that will be the end of July. So I'm working on that, too.

Talk to me! 

Hi ya, Scrap!

No trips other than camp in August (and monthly 6 hour drives for camp meetings before then).

Just found out yesterday that we are having a potluck cookout at church for the 4th.  I said that I would bring the burgers and hotdogs.

Dd17 finished her junior year last week.  I still have to finish up grading and updating the transcript. 

• Like 1

I'm thinking I might just hold a 4th of July Open House here, while the rest of the family is gone. Come over as convenient,
swim if you want, until 6pm. then everyone can go home, or to a park (where it's REALLY hot) for fireworks (maybe - depends on if they cancel them or not),
and I can then stay home, maybe get ready to go camping the next day, or go to a movie.

• Like 1