Menu

CLE or Saxon Teach Math Facts Better?!

BookishMama

Hey all! So I’m trying to make a decision for 2nd Grade Math and I need some help! Do you feel that Saxon or CLE teaches the facts better? I really like both of these programs (we’ve used some CLE in the past) but I can’t seem to decide which one I want to do. Anyone have any thoughts and opinions on which program they prefer?! 

Either will probably get your kiddo to know the facts cold, but that is an easy thing to drill on the side so I don't think I'd choose based on that.  My child who needs a spiral approach is doing really well with cle.  If I needed even more incremental with a shorter spiral I would move to saxon.  I also might lean toward Saxon over cle if I was hoping to reuse materials with other children.  You might want to look at Addition Facts That Stick and Subtraction Facts That Stick to teach facts in a meaningful way.  That would free you to choose a math program based on other factors.

• Like 1