Menu

“Wicked”themed cheer routine. -just plain cool!

Dmmetler

I got to see this routine at Nationals. It is by far one of the most creative cheer routines I’ve ever seen,  and is in Senior 2, which is a division that gyms often tend to treat as a training ground/consolation prize for kids not good enough to make a school cheer team. (I usually watch the lower level junior and senior divisions because I know those kids do often have no one in the stands but their parents. The very little cute ones get a lot of support from older cheerleaders on different teams, and the advanced older teams have fans, but the older kids who are just there because they love the sport mostly compete to empty chairs). It’s finally on YouTube, and I thought some of the Broadway fans might appreciate it :). My one wish is that the music rules let them use more of the music from the actual musical (as it is, I’m guessing that section of “Defying Gravity” was expensive!). 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J3aH1f7yhm0

• Like 6

Yesterday my family was at the conference center where this competition was held for something else.  This team ( or another one in the same blue costumes......I didn’t notice the green) was practicing in an out of the way hallway and were so sweet about letting us through.  Really nice girls.  What a weird coincidence.  Were you there?

No, DD’s team didn’t qualify for the one post season competition our team does. We have two going to Orlando this coming weekend. 

I know there were several US finals competitions and the IASF/USASF Summit (international teams and large gyms) in Orlando this past weekend. The small gyms go next weekend, and there is a competition at Universal as well.

• Like 1