Menu

Had our first parent-teacher conference last night!

MIch elle

It's going really well for my older ds who is attending his first year of traditional school.

I encourage all R&S English users to keep with it - it works for grammar AND giving a basic foundation in composition. My son KNOWS his English grammar even though he only finished R&S English 7.

CLE reading 7 & 8 gave him a strong foundation in understanding literary terms.

R&S math gave him a strong math foundation but could have done a better job of introducing algebra.

SOTW and other history resources helped him with those "pegs."

His lack of reading enthusiasm has not hurt his reading ability or comprehension.

Latin, so far, doesn't seem to be helping him with French I (but he says English grammar helps).

All his teachers but one says he's very quiet but that's him & not attributed to homeschooling, imho.

I am REALLY glad we sent him to high school. With the amt. of work he does, I don't think he would have ever done that for ME, and I don't think I would have had the energy to do all the school accomplishes in a day. :tongue_smilie:

I am REALLY glad we sent him to high school. With the amt. of work he does, I don't think he would have ever done that for ME, and I don't think I would have had the energy to do all the school accomplishes in a day. :tongue_smilie:

:grouphug: That's great to hear. It sounds like you've made the best decision for your family.