Menu

Excelsior Game Design and/or Java

My dd#1 took Java first semester (fall) this year. Can't really give an accurate review because the teacher was there the first half of the semester was removed/quit/replaced (big mystery - no explanation -- in class that day, email that there was a new teacher that night) with the guy who is teaching it now. New teacher changed the syllabus & how the class was run from then on. First guy was fun & interesting. He also somewhat fed the kids the programming to an extent. The second guy tried to up the class (including quizzes & a test that weren't previously on the syllabus), but some of the kids couldn't really adapt to the new way of teaching so it was a bit of a mess. Second guy was more hard core (read:  boring). I don't really know how much my DD#1 learned. I wanted her to have some exposure to a programming language & she doesn't do self-paced anything. That was one of the only live programming classes I could find.

Hope you can find someone who took it spring semester to get a better read.