Menu

Looking for old Sir Isaac Newton Exam questions

mathnerd

Does anyone know where I can get old question papers for the Sir Isaac Newton Exam physics contest?

@Arcadia I know that your sons are doing a lot of physics problem solving. Could you please point me to some online resources where I can access Algebra based physics problems?

My son wants some challenging physics problems to work on in the summer, so I thought that those might be a good resource. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, mathnerd said:

@Arcadia I know that your sons are doing a lot of physics problem solving. Could you please point me to some online resources where I can access Algebra based physics problems?

F=ma contest can be solved with Algebra based physics. My kids aren’t interested in contests so they did not try these  https://www.aapt.org/physicsteam/2019/exams.cfm

ETA:

Summer day camp. Local to us. No idea on quality but instructor bios is on link https://alphastar.academy/camps/summer/physics/

Edited by Arcadia
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the help. Those links will keep us occupied for a while!

I have attended alphastar’s open house before. They have good instructors and rigorous competition practice. But my son is not sure that he wants to pursue competitions yet. He wants to try spend time solving problems on his own at this time. If he continues showing interest, alphastar could be a good choice.