Menu

Yay! Math Algebra II (or Foerster's)

I'm hoping to bring my two 9th graders back together for Algebra II, then I plan to diverge their math progression and probably outsource for my more math oriented teen. 

But one is pretty intolerant of math--I had to drag him through Lial's for Algebra 1. He's working well with Math U See for Geometry. I thought Foerster's might be too much/too tedious perhaps?

It's important to me that both kids to have a strong Algebra foundation.  If it takes Foerster's to do that, I'll do it. 

But has anyone tried Yay! Math or researched it? The course scope/sequence seemed pretty standard. 

I used Foerster's for Algebra II for my daughter.  This was my very math-reluctant dd.  The book looked very fat and complicated, but it turned out to be really great for my dd.  It was very straight-forward.  It just seemed to fit her brain... Very clear explanations and examples.  I didn't have her do all of the problems.   I picked a few problems from each section for every lesson, making sure I had a good range.  If she got them all right, we moved on.  If not, we'd only go back over the bits she wasn't understanding.  I tried to not have a lot of waste.  We streamlined it as much of problem.