Menu

My 7yo's achievement test scores.

I tested him with the CAT Level 10 (K level) and got the scores today.

They were (percentiles:)

Visual Recognition - 41

Sound Recognition - 71

Vocabulary - 63

Comprehension - 41

Language Expression - 52

Concept and Application - 46

So, overall he is at the level of an average kindergartener. No surprises there! It'd be no big deal except that he will be 8 in March, so he should be a 2nd grader.

I do have him starting to understand 2 sound blends (sa, se, si, so, and su) so that is a start! Maybe it won't take him 18 months to get to the first grade level!:tongue_smilie:

I think that if you work hard with the I See Sam books, you will see a BIG difference in his reading/language skills in 6 months.

My 11dd is 2 years behind. She just has always been about that far behind. I figure that if she graduates with a solid 10th grade education, she will be far ahead of many other students.

I think that if you work hard with the I See Sam books, you will see a BIG difference in his reading/language skills in 6 months.

My 11dd is 2 years behind. She just has always been about that far behind. I figure that if she graduates with a solid 10th grade education, she will be far ahead of many other students.

That's what I am aiming for - I'd like him to get as far as he can.