Menu

The Many Sides of Jane

PeachyDoodle

1 minute ago, Jyhwkmama said:

I have seen the ads for it. I can't imagine how hard that would be.

The A&E show that has my full attention is Leah Remini's show about Scientology. I have seen every episode.

I have also seen the ads via Leah Remini's show (also seen every episode).. but I haven't watched the show.  Maybe I'll give it a try.  I was worried it would be a little too sad.

1 minute ago, Jyhwkmama said:

It can be at times. The first season was just jaw dropping. The episode "The Bridge" had me sad and mad at the same time. Made a strong impression.

I've been a Scientology geek for a long time. I used to read Marty Rathburn's & Tony Ortega's blogs fairly regularly, nothing was shocking.. .just so sad.  I don't know why I have this weird obsession with that group.. but there it is.   I can't believe that people are still supporting them.  I hope Leah gets the job done and they lose their tax exempt status.  I'd love to see Mike Rinder reunited with his siblings and  adult children.

Sorry about the threadjack Peachdoodle.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PrincessMommy said:

I've been a Scientology geek for a long time. I used to read Marty Rathburn's & Tony Ortega's blogs fairly regularly, nothing was shocking.. .just so sad.  I don't know why I have this weird obsession with that group.. but there it is.   I can't believe that people are still supporting them.  I hope Leah gets the job done and they lose their tax exempt status.  I'd love to see Mike Rinder reunited with his siblings and  adult children.

Sorry about the threadjack Peachdoodle.  

Same. Completely obsessed.

Also sorry, Peachdoodle. Will stop with this post.

• Like 1

No apologies! I love Remini's show too -- and I've seen all those episodes as well.

Many Sides of Jane is really fascinating and honestly much more optimistic than I would have thought. She is a bubbly person, a great mom to two little boys. She has chosen not to disclose the trauma that caused her DID (at least not at this time) so there isn't much emphasis on that. More on how she is learning to cope with having these different people in her head. It's remarkable how well she manages and how all her "parts" work together. She says she wants to help end the stigma associated with DID and I think she will go a long way towards doing that.