Menu

Telescope Recommendations

Elizabeth86

We will be doing Apoligia Exploring Creation with Astronomy next year.  I have seen the guides onhow to choose a telescope , but can someone just suggest a specific telescope, a good one but just good enough.  I'm not looking for the top of the line, but I want a good one.

Thanks

Also, does anyone know if the curriculum has a suplemental book list or is there an unofficial one out there? Thanks again!

It all kind of depends on what you mean by top of the line and good. Just starting out, trying to find stuff in the sky for school, I'd opt for binoculars instead. We have the Celestron Cometron that are about $35 on Amazon.

My son and husband got really into astronomy and we used the binocs for about 4 months before deciding to splurge on a nicer telescope, and we ended up with this one by Orion. It works really well for amatuer star and planet gazing.

I highly recommend the free Stellarium software for finding stuff in the night sky and printing out a Messier catalog (but I'm not sure what is included in the curriculum as we've never used Apologia).

• Like 1