Menu

Court today........

Yes. This Judge is know for nearly always requesting one for custody cases in her court. The amicus serves to give her information and represent the child(ren).

Technically this *should* be a positive right? (Aside from teh expense) She is supposed to truly represent HIM and not what one side wants right?

More hugs, does your continuance get you past all the holidays?

Please forgive my ignorance about all this. Is this ad litem/amicus a good thing or a bad thing, do you think? Or just neutral, and something that will get a resolution faster?

Well, the whole *thing* is a bad, unnecessary, hostile, divicive drain on resources of all kinds.

But given that we are in it, I don't view the amicus as a negative. The Family Law Court doesn't care about me or my XH. Their interest is in the best interest of the child(ren) and it's thought by my Judge that an amicus assists her in evaluating that.

I'll prepare for the amicus according to my attorney's coaching and recommenations.

The continuance is on my side since we are already living my preferred outcome.

Wow! That seems like a lot of money for an ad litem. The court appointed one for our dd when we were going through the adoption process (family adoption) and it was only $500.00 total. And yes, it was worth every penny! Ours really spent time with dd and understood the situation. Of course I may be biased since it all worked out in our favor:001_smile:

Any way, my prayers are with you. I hope all goes well:grouphug: