Menu

Sheryl Vine - Wilson Hill?

My dd has GC 4 with Vierra. It has been a great year. She had him for Logic 2 and so she knew she liked his teaching style. He is gifted at leading discussions and holds the kids to a high standard. Mrs. Vine hasn’t taught GC at WHA before that I know of. 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 7:36 PM, olan719 said:

Bumping this for you. I'd love to have any input or thoughts on Vine or Vierra. We are making scheduling decisions for GC4 next year.

We love Vierra. My daughter had him for GC 4. He challenged her in a good way.  My son hopes to take him for GC 4 next year. I wish he could do Logic 2 with him, but there are class conflicts. I would say Mr. Vierra is deinitely in the top echelon of Wilson Hill teachers.

11 hours ago, Jugglin'5 said:

We love Vierra. My daughter had him for GC 4. He challenged her in a good way.  My son hopes to take him for GC 4 next year. I wish he could do Logic 2 with him, but there are class conflicts. I would say Mr. Vierra is deinitely in the top echelon of Wilson Hill teachers.

I agree! After my daughter had Vierra for Logic 2 I thought I would only have a child take Logic 2 with Vierra but we also have a schedule conflict with the Vierra section for ds2.  However, my daughter has Colvin this year for Rhetoric 1.  He is outstanding as well and I am now perfectly happy signing my son up for his Logic 2 section.  I think Colvin is right up there with Vierra in that top echelon. Before this year, I wasn't sure if my second child would go the Rhetoric route for high school English but Colvin's Rhetoric 1 class has convinced me (if he is still teaching that class when my son gets there).

9 minutes ago, h2bh said:

I agree! After my daughter had Vierra for Logic 2 I thought I would only have a child take Logic 2 with Vierra but we also have a schedule conflict with the Vierra section for ds2.  However, my daughter has Colvin this year for Rhetoric 1.  He is outstanding as well and I am now perfectly happy signing my son up for his Logic 2 section.  I think Colvin is right up there with Vierra in that top echelon. Before this year, I wasn't sure if my second child would go the Rhetoric route for high school English but Colvin's Rhetoric 1 class has convinced me (if he is still teaching that class when my son gets there).

My daughter greatly enjoys Mr. Vierra as a teacher, however, she also has Mr. Colvin this year and is really enjoying Rhetoric 1 with him.  She is planning to take AP Art History with him next year because she likes his teaching style so well.

On 1/29/2019 at 8:49 AM, h2bh said:

My daughter also ended up with Colvin for Rhetoric 1 and we have been pleasantly surprised (though M. Vierra will always be one of her favorites, which is funny because she hated him for the first 4 weeks). Looks like my son will have Colvin for Logic 2 because Vierra's Logic 2 sections conflict. I am good with that.  I'm amazed that there are 3 or 4 sections of Logic 2 and only one Latin Readings. Aaarrrgh. I mean I know why, but it's frustrating.

My dd didn’t take Latin Readings at WHA but she does have Vine for a Latin course this semester. She likes her and her friends do as well. Latin Readings does have a reputation as far as I can tell for having lots of homework. Of course, everything is relative. I’m sure it is less intense than Lukion. Schole Academy’s Latin Readings seems to cover less of the book and give less homework. WHA seems middle of the road to me. 

• Like 2