Menu

Super quick science q

Ausmumof3

My copy of Wtm is out on loan and I’m trying to remember the 4 year science rotation after a bit of a messy year with wayfarers this year.  We tried to tackle their science but it hasn’t been a good science year - the kids were bored and we didn’t get through it all because it was always the first thing to get dropped.  I’m going back to our trusty RSO but trying to remember the rotation 

is it 

biology 

earth and space

chemistry

physics

we did biology this year so we’d be up to earth and space right?  Dd is not going to get physics till grade 7 due to our messy way of doing things but I think that will be ok for her.

i know the cycle doesn’t matter that much but it helps to make sure we cover all the areas otherwise she would just study biology every year!

According to the 4th ed. of the WTM, the order is Biology, Earth Science & Astronomy, Chemistry, Physics, and she's added Technology.  We don't follow her schedule for Science as we use BFSU, so I haven't read that section to know what she means by technology. She probably wanted to make sure Classical Education did not miss out on the STEM bandwagon.

15 hours ago, knitgrl said:

According to the 4th ed. of the WTM, the order is Biology, Earth Science & Astronomy, Chemistry, Physics, and she's added Technology.  We don't follow her schedule for Science as we use BFSU, so I haven't read that section to know what she means by technology. She probably wanted to make sure Classical Education did not miss out on the STEM bandwagon.

Thanks!

i must have 3rd edition because there was no mention of technology.  It’s a required subject here anyway so we handle separate to science.