Menu

Has anyone here ever attended a Tony Robbins seminar?

Ginevra

I gotta tell you, I was just watching a YouTube of a “relationship conference” and it was exceedingly miserable to watch. The couple to whom he was directing discussion - I would not want to be one of them for all the gold in Fort Knox! Terribly awkward! 

Anyway, I like some things about Tony and I was pretty big on his motivational stuff many years ago, but I also never, ever considered going to a live conference. I cannot imagine why someone would do so for relationship advice. But I was curious if anyone has been to one. 

Years ago I went to a conference where he was one of the speakers, but it wasn't just him. And I didnt pay for it, my boss did. 

It was...interesting. At one point he had every chanting something, all together, as loudly as possible, and it struck me, "This is how Hitler did it."

The group dynamic was very powerful, but also very disconcerting. 

• Like 2

Just now, texasmom33 said:

I think there’s a documentary about him on Netflix right now. Dh and I saw the ad and there are all these crying people in his packed to the brim meetings and it is just, wow. I had no idea. 

Yeah my desire to sob and have my husband anounce that I have beautiful eyes but attraction to me is a problem in front of twenty gazillion strangers - and pay him for this experience - is pretty low. 

Actually, the forced intimacy is one reason I no longer do women’s conferences/retreats. I don’t want to cry on these people. 

• Like 2