Menu

Name that website!

I am trying to help out a mom who is considering homeschooling for her K'er and 1st grader. I had suggested Cuisenaire Rods with the Math Made Meaningful Cards, but the wooden set is no longer available from Rainbow Resource, and I am having a hard time finding it elsewhere. The plastic rod set is still available, but I like the wood better. I was going to suggest the wood rods, and use that website that everyone mentions here that has videos on it that help you explain various math concepts with stuff lying around the house. Unfortunately, I have a huge mental block. Can anyone help?

3 hours ago, MeaganS said:

You might point her towards Gattegno math as well. It's sort of like a scripted Miquon. And I believe you can access the first book online for free, but I don't have the link on my phone. 

I did think of that. I haven't read through it myself (it's on the list of to-reads!) but I know a lot of folks here mention it. The woman in question is thinking about pulling her kids from school, and I think she is at the overwhelm, deer-in-headlights stage, so handing her a 200+ page book might be too much right now. Which is why I thought the cards would be nice because they are easily digestible.