Menu

Supplement to TT....

ghcostafamily

Hi,

My 4th grader is doing TT online version and liking it and doing it without a fuss! Huge success for us. Im currently having her do a page of Balance Math, from Critical thinking Co. each morning. However we are almost done with the book and im looking for another supplement for morning time. The next book in the series if for grades 6 and up and I dont want to push her that hard.

It needs to be a simple review, no more than a page long, maybe even just a few problems. I was thinking about Evan Moores daily math or maybe Mastering mathematics maybe?

I just want something thats easy for her and will review math thats already been covered for her in TT.

Thanks in advance!

Some options we've used are: Evan Moore's daily word problems -we do a week in a day. Or Zacarro's Primary Grade challenge math which is a lot like word problems, but after an intro story/explanation that's really fun and a little silly, there are 3-4 levels of problems-we usually start at the beginning and go until they get too difficult. 

On 10/24/2018 at 11:40 AM, Fawnmoscato said:

I like Mathematical Reasoning, also from Critical Thinking company.  Challenging Word Problems from Singapore is another good one. Teaching Textbooks (in my opinion) needs to be heavily supplemented and I like to do that with critical thinking or logic type problems. 

I just looked at Mathematical Reasoning and it seems to be nice and colorful and FUN looking. I dont think she would balk at it. Ill give it a try.....geesh the price of that is steep though.

I have looked at challenging word problems as well, ill see If i can get an older used copy of that as well.

Thank you!

On 10/24/2018 at 11:59 AM, alisha said:

Some options we've used are: Evan Moore's daily word problems -we do a week in a day. Or Zacarro's Primary Grade challenge math which is a lot like word problems, but after an intro story/explanation that's really fun and a little silly, there are 3-4 levels of problems-we usually start at the beginning and go until they get too difficult. 

Never heard of Zacarros before! Ill look into it ?

20 hours ago, ghcostafamily said:

I just looked at Mathematical Reasoning and it seems to be nice and colorful and FUN looking. I dont think she would balk at it. Ill give it a try.....geesh the price of that is steep though.

I have looked at challenging word problems as well, ill see If i can get an older used copy of that as well.

Thank you!

Yes, it is expensive! It's a bit more than the average math supplement though, so I think it is well worth the price.