Menu

How can I expand my insurance coverage?

Xuzi

Our insurance is through my husband's employer. It does not cover mental health. We need mental health coverage. What can we do? DH is going to talk to HR , but if his employer can't expand things on their end, can we? Are there supplementary plans that cover mental health? Can we talk to our insurer directly about expanding our plan?

Help me figure out what to do.

The therapy we're needing is expensive, and most therapy providers I've talked to won't even take on private-pay patients if we could afford it. ?

24 minutes ago, Xuzi said:

Our insurance is through my husband's employer. It does not cover mental health. We need mental health coverage. What can we do? DH is going to talk to HR , but if his employer can't expand things on their end, can we? Are there supplementary plans that cover mental health? Can we talk to our insurer directly about expanding our plan?

Help me figure out what to do.

The therapy we're needing is expensive, and most therapy providers I've talked to won't even take on private-pay patients if we could afford it. ?

Are you in the USA? Have you tried your states health care exchange?