Menu

LOR Writer Thoughts/Advice

Hi Hive!
Thinking about next year and LORs. We are looking for a good choice from a teacher... (have a good community one related to volunteering/goals/etc). 

Was hoping we'd be able to ask Mrs. Stublen at Wilson Hill, as he'd be taking his 2nd year in a row with her this year - however she no longer teaches there. ? So now I'm thinking Derek Owens, as my mathy son is taking 2 classes with him this year - AP Calc AB and Honors Physics. 

Questions are thus:
1. Anyone have experience with DO penning LOR? 
2. How does he get to know my kid when it's online video-based, and he seldom has (yet) a question to email etc. What can we do to help him know my son? It's early yet - we could start that get-to-know-you process now! LOL.
3. Any other thoughts for alternate LOR writers for us - he's currently taking (live) PAH Eng Lang with Kathryn Walker - she has a small class, presumably she'll get to know him well... (live) PAH Comp Govt with Julia Reed... but neither of those are particularly his favorite or strongest subjects. I Know Mr. Moskaluk from PAH AP Chem last year says he keeps a file for future LOR, but my ds took the class in 10th grade... LOVED AP Macro with Howard Richman, but not sure if he does LOR and again that isn't live and it was also from 10th grade. Anyone's thoughts? TIA